начало
Адвокатите ще се вписват в нов регистър, ако искат да продължат „по занятие“ да се занимават с фирмена регистрация Адвокатите ще се вписват в нов регистър, ако искат да продължат „по занятие“ да се занимават с фирмена регистрация

international law firms with offices in bulgaria?

Message board for English speakers

international law firms with offices in bulgaria?

Мнениеот AnnaMaria » 04 Мар 2007, 22:54

i am aware of only one ILF having its office in bulgaria. do you think there will be more ILF offices or is the bulgarian market not really interesting for international firms? if so, why?
Последна промяна AnnaMaria на 07 Мар 2007, 23:35, променена общо 1 път
AnnaMaria
Младши потребител

Мнениеот mushushu » 07 Мар 2007, 22:48

Hi AnnaMaria, I think that your idea is brilliant. I would like to work in this kind of office. This kind of offices is the future for the law - for me. Cause there will be more legal relations between different nationality pesons.
mushushu
Младши потребител

Мнениеот AnnaMaria » 07 Мар 2007, 23:34

it is rather an issue of the foreign investments flowing (or not flowing) to bulgaria. if there were no such trend, there would be no space for major international law firms as there would be no clients to advise.
AnnaMaria
Младши потребител

Мнениеот tedyana » 12 Мар 2007, 18:03

The reason why is because most of the biggest law companies have their Bulgarian lawyers in their offices worldwide.As you know most of the intelligent and enough thrusting lawyers are not in Bulgaria- it is better for them to work there and to be paid as a lawyer there than to work in Bulgaria for 1000 levas. Am I right?
tedyana
Младши потребител

Мнениеот mushushu » 14 Мар 2007, 23:37

You are right tedyana and it'is sad for us and for our country!
mushushu
Младши потребител

Law Firms in BG

Мнениеот hurby2 » 04 Апр 2007, 12:56

CMS Cameron McKenna have an office in BG. I was told that DLA Piper, Salans and Clifford Chance are probing the area, but it is more likely that they might use an associated office rather than staffing their own in Sofia. Many of the big ones have associated offices in Bucarest and if a client of theirs has some work in BG, the provision of legal services is delegated to the associated office. May be a good idea for a Bulgarian lawyer to apply for a job in such an associated office to manage exclusively the Bulgarian deals.
hurby2
Нов потребител

Re: Law Firms in BG

Мнениеот regional » 11 Сеп 2007, 15:47

I think most of the associated offices in Bulgaria are comprised of Bulgarian lawyers only. As far as I know, only CMS Cameron McKenna has staffed their office in Sofia.

hurby2 написа:CMS Cameron McKenna have an office in BG. I was told that DLA Piper, Salans and Clifford Chance are probing the area, but it is more likely that they might use an associated office rather than staffing their own in Sofia. Many of the big ones have associated offices in Bucarest and if a client of theirs has some work in BG, the provision of legal services is delegated to the associated office. May be a good idea for a Bulgarian lawyer to apply for a job in such an associated office to manage exclusively the Bulgarian deals.
regional
Нов потребител

Мнениеот int13 » 14 Сеп 2007, 14:29

A lot of foreign law firms have offices in BG, I know three of them at least. Well, they are not strictrly pure law firms, but departments of Audit companies. That's almost the same in BG regarding the "corporate attitude" to the lawyers (attorneys).

IMHO, to be an attorney in such law offices is no more freelance job.
int13
Младши потребител

Мнениеот chadel » 04 Ное 2007, 09:27

Schönherr have also established department in Sofia, as far as I know.
chadel
Потребител

Мнениеот milanovivan » 02 Дек 2007, 15:52

What is the same between Audit and Lawyers ? That must be intresting .
milanovivan
Младши потребител

Мнениеот int13 » 14 Дек 2007, 10:52

milanovivan,

have you heard of in-house lawyer? That's the common.
int13
Младши потребител

Мнениеот milanovivan » 15 Дек 2007, 17:05

We call it "civil law" in here ,but I know what you mean.
Cheers
milanovivan
Младши потребител

Bulgarian Laywers

Мнениеот ventsi_t » 04 Фев 2008, 16:01

Dear MRS Anna, I believe that foreign companies are going to make their offices here in Bulgaria. Life has changed there are a lot of young people who are trying to find better place to work and make living here in Bulgaria.
Ambition is the vivid force make them stronger and move them futher and futher. I am just gaduating my education and I would like to work in international law firm, so I hope that it will be possible someday :)

Regards
ventsi_t
Младши потребител

Мнениеот chadel » 13 Фев 2008, 00:45

milanovivan написа:We call it "civil law" in here ,but I know what you mean.
Cheers

:lol: I think your answer is totally offtopic :D he said "in-house lawyer" which also means "in-house counsel" and is someting really far away from "civil law'. anyway.. :lol:
chadel
Потребител

I work in the legal dept. of audit company

Мнениеот damyan » 29 Фев 2008, 12:28

I work in the legal dept. of audit company and - not to be considered to blow my own horn, but it is quite more interesting than pure law office (where I also have some work experience), because it puts the issues in a broader perspective - you have to consider also tax, financial and business management aspects of law matters. Mostly tax aspects, but it is useful.
damyan
Младши потребител

Мнениеот milisto.jur » 10 Мар 2008, 12:27

milanovivan написа:What is the same between Audit and Lawyers ? That must be intresting .

Dear Colleagues,

Considering that you are interested in working in foreign legal consultancies, I would like to suggest, firstly, that you make an effort to improve your English (for unintelligible phrase see the quote above) and secondly, that you direct your search outside Bulgaria where numerous possibilities exist. Good luck in your professional queries!
milisto.jur
Младши потребител

Назад към Discussions in English