начало

Действаща мярка срещу домашно насилие не е пречка пак да се иска защита Действаща мярка срещу домашно насилие не е пречка пак да се иска защита

Should I quit this insurance defense job?

Message board for English speakers

Should I quit this insurance defense job?

Мнениеот josephdetor » 20 Май 2019, 09:56

Just started my first job pending bar admission. In Manhattan, pays 80k. I was below median at a top 60 so I suppose I’m lucky to have it. The only problem is that it is insurance defense, and apparently that is a career killer. I started a week and a half ago and I can tell I won’t be able to stand this job after a year or two. But I also won’t be able to lateral because the field is a scarlet letter. Would I be better off just punching and taking my chances I can find something else? I don’t want to kill my future because I’m afraid of ending up homeless and crap now.
josephdetor
Нов потребител

Re: Should I quit this insurance defense job?

Мнениеот mozzec » 22 Фев 2020, 17:49

Take risks and follow your passion.
https://www.neeapps.com/
mozzec
Нов потребител

Мнениеот doondie » 22 Фев 2020, 18:51

The best way to predict the future is to invent it...
'The best way to predict the future is to invent it!'
Аватар
doondie
Потребител

Мнениеот ranawetzel » 07 Окт 2020, 10:36

josephdetor написа:Just started my first job pending bar admission. In Manhattan, pays 80k. I was below median at a top 60 so I suppose I’m lucky to have it. The only problem is that it is insurance defense, and apparently that is a career killer. I started a week and a half ago and I can tell I won’t be able to stand this job after a year or two. But I also won’t be able to lateral because the field is a scarlet letter. Would I be better off just punching and taking my chances I can find something else? png to ico I don’t want to kill my future because I’m afraid of ending up homeless and crap now.

I did insurance defence for a few years. I learned a ton. Its not just auto, there is professional negligence (engineers, dentists, architects, etc), cyber liability, and director and officer claims too.

Its not a scarlet letter. The one thing is that it has its own track and an associate will hit a natural ceiling at around 8 years or so. It can also be pretty hectic and soul crushing.

I recently moved over to work for the Department of Justice and my insurance work has helped me tremendously.

Stick it out and look for work while youre at ykur current gig.
ranawetzel
Нов потребител

Назад към Discussions in English